The Unimetal Group is committed not only to complying with the formalities imposed by the Brazilian Law No. 13,709/2018 – General Data Protection Law (“LGPD”), but to its spirit, which is why it attaches great importance to the correct, legal and appropriate use of personal data, respecting the rights, privacy and trust of Data Holders, as understood by their customers, suppliers, service providers, business partners and employees.
In compliance with the principle of transparency, as well as best privacy practices, the Unimetal Group makes this Policy available so that interested parties are aware of the ways and purposes in which we process personal data.
- PURPOSE OF USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The types of personal data and the way in which the Unimetal Group collects it depends on the type of relationship established, as noted below:
- Processing of personal data related to the use of our websites, applications, and online services.
- Processing of personal data related to your commercial relationship with us.
- Processing of personal data for customer satisfaction surveys.
- Processing of personal data related to your employment, internship, or your application for any position.
- AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
- DATA SHARING
In carrying out our legitimate activities, we may share data with contracted third parties, responsible for the maintenance, development, security, processing, and storage of data. Considering that in these situations we sign confidentiality and compliance contracts with the General Data Protection Law – LGPD.
Unimetal has a solid data privacy governance program and, under no circumstances, does it sell personal data or share it with third parties without a legitimate purpose or in violation of applicable legislation.
The data of employees, employee’s dependents, interns, and candidates who participate in our selection processes may be shared with contracted third parties responsible for part of the selection process, benefits providers, suppliers for evaluating health and safety, and government authorities.
Data from sales transactions carried out with customers may be shared with financial institutions for the purpose of processing bank collections or closing foreign exchange contracts.
- DATA SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS
The General Data Protection Law guarantees a series of rights related to you, owners of personal data. In this sense, you have the right to request, at any time and upon request, the following:
- Confirmation of the existence of processing of your personal data.
- Access to data.
- Correction of incomplete, inaccurate, or outdated data.
- The anonymization, blocking or deletion of unnecessary, excessive, or processed data that does not comply with the LGPD.
- The portability of data processed by Unimetal to another service or product provider, observing commercial and industrial secrets.
- The deletion of data processed based on consent, a requirement which Unimetal may refrain from complying with if it falls within one of the 4 (four) exceptions provided for in article 16 of the LGPD.
- The revocation of your consent to the processing of personal data.
- Information about the public and private entities with which Unimetal shared the data.
- The review of decisions made solely based on automated data processing and that affect your interests, including decisions aimed at defining your personal, professional, consumer and credit profile or aspects of your personality.
- DATA RETENTION TIME
In general, personal data processed by Unimetal remains stored for the duration of your relationship with our organization, or for the time necessary for Unimetal’s legitimate purposes as data controller. Personal data that is relevant to legal and accounting obligations will be retained for the time necessary as established by the respective applicable legislation.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
Unimetal stores personal data on its own and third-party servers, being fully committed to security and making the necessary effort to preserve the integrity and privacy of personal data.
We seek to adopt modern technical and administrative measures, capable of protecting personal data from unauthorized access and accidental or unlawful situations of destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or any form of inappropriate or unlawful processing.
- CONTACT TO PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Any communication you wish to address to Unimetal regarding the processing of your personal data, we ask that you contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO).
When contacting us, aiming for the security, confidentiality, and inviolability of data, we may ask you to provide us with additional information or carry out a procedure capable of confirming your identity.
Data Protection Officer (DPO): Mr. Judson Firmino.
Contact email: email@example.com
The terms of this Policy may be updated or adapted from time to time to reflect our activities, as well as to always comply with applicable data protection laws and best privacy practices.
- LEGISLATION, MEDIATION AND JURISDICTION
This Policy will be governed, interpreted, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Federative Republic of Brazil, regardless of the conflicts of these laws with the laws of other countries.
The Unimetal Group, from now on, reserves the right to appoint the CIESP/FIESP Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration Chamber as the Mediation Chamber capable of resolving issues involving data processing, including any incident of individual leakage of Personal Data or unauthorized access, in accordance with article 52, §7 of the General Data Protection Law (Law nº 13,709).
In this sense, the preliminary use of Mediation as a method of resolving conflicts is imperative, and if this does not result in an agreement between the Controller and the Holder, the Sorocaba/SP District Court will be competent.